The Original Kit was designed to encourage children outside - whether a tiny backyard, on top of a hill, in a meadow, field, forest, beach or balcony. The promise of a hand-crafted space in which to set up a temporary retreat is tempting to children (and adults) of all ages, and with little or no previous den-building experience. No single-use-plastic, no batteries, no complicated instructions - this is inclusive, simple, unadulterated fun.
Warning! Not suitable for children under 3 years. Long cords and small parts. Strangulation and choking hazards Functional sharp points. Adult supervision necessary due to small parts and sharp tools. Recommended for children 6+
What's in the kit?
- A hefty haversack made from cotton webbing that can be washed in the machine. It has a useful shoulder strap for easy carrying.
- A tough camouflage tarpaulin - waterproof as well as rot resistant. Approx size 2.4 x 1.8m.
- A durable groundsheet - waterproof and rot resistant. It has eyelets too, so can double up as another tarpaulin. Approx size 1.8 x 1.2 m.
- A beautiful, unique and functional wooden mallet fashioned from coppiced wood and complete with bark - made by us here in Shropshire.
- Sip a warming drink in traditional camping style with our iconic, branded enamelware mug (additional mugs available separately).
- Ensure you don’t lose your tent pegs by keeping them in a useful drawstring, cotton tent peg bag.
- Camouflage face paint in khaki and brown - washable, cruelty-free and made here in the UK.
- 10 metres of strong, natural jute rope.
- 8 holdfast steel tent pegs; made for us in the UK.
- Helpful tips and den-building inspiration on a handy, saveable sheet.
- Weight 2KG